mailman: no outgoing mail, no mail accepted for lists

Hi,

I just installed mailman+postfix, and followed the instructions in
/etc/mailman/postfix-to-mailman.py to what I think was the letter.

And yet, when I create a list and add myself as a member, I get no
mail.

When I try to send mail to the test list, I get a 'User unknown in relay
recipient table' error.

And when I run the genaliases command as instructed in the above file, I
get an error about MTA being set to 'None' (despite the instructions
explicitly saying it should be):

"genaliases can't do anything useful with mm_cfg.MTA = None."

Am I doing something wrong, or did I run into a documentation bug?

/etc/postfix/main.cf snippet:

relay_recipient_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
relay_domains = lists.amek.amsterdam
mailman_destination_recipient_limit = 1

/etc/postfix/master.cf snippet:

mailman   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=FR user=list argv=/usr/lib/mailman/bin/postfix-to-mailman.py
  ${nexthop} ${user}

/etc/postfix/transport snippet:

lists.amek.amsterdam	mailman:

/etc/mailman/mm-cfg.py snippet:

MTA=None   # Misnomer, suppresses alias output on newlist
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['lists.amek.amsterdam']
DEB_LISTMASTER = 'postmaster@amek.amsterdam'

    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.