Re: Problem to detect external monitor on Lenovo ThinkPad Dock

On Fri, 05 Feb 2016, Fedele Mantuano wrote:
> This is the syslog part after deattach dock station:
> http://pastebin.com/rfgSkpKS.
> When I deattach the docking station the PC do a logout.

This looks like an issue with the dock station hotplugging a PCI device
and it not being detected by X properly.

IIRC, one of the on-dock DP ports on the ThinkPad docks is the same as
the mini DP port on the laptop; that output should always work. So if
you only need a single output, that's a potential work-around.

Beyond that, I think this might be a missing feature in the version of
the xserver-xorg-video-intel driver that you have in Debian vs whatever
version you had installed in Ubuntu.

I'd compare the two versions, and possibly upgrade your jessie install
of xserver-xorg-video-intel to the one in backports, which is
2:2.99.917-2~bpo8+1, and significantly newer than 2:2.21.15-2+b2.

Nothing is as inevitable as a mistake whose time has come.
 -- Tussman's Law