using debian debootstrap and chroot to login to other distro on neighbouring partition etc

Dear Folks,

I am asking a general question about using chroot etc.

On my AMD box here I am running Debian stretch.  But I also have ubuntu installed on the same disk and I think a third linux distribution installed on a second hard drive.

If I wanted to mount e.g. the partition with ubuntu on it and then use the chroot to run  that OS inside the debian environment what would be the best way to do that?

Do I need to rename some of the mount points etc?

Comments and guidance appreciated.

Regards

Michael Fothergill