Re: OT: variables

Hi,

Darac Marjal wrote:
> Careful, I think this last command actually uses `backticks`.

That's indeed much more plausible than my theory.
(I should have read the comments in the link i posted about deborphan.)

It would be more modern to write:

  aptitude purge $(deborphan --guess-all)

in order to purge all packages found by program deborphan.

Here we rely heavily on the fact that each package name is a single
word which does not contain any character which needs to be put in
quotation marks.
For similar reasons one should refrain from file or directory names
which consist of more than one word or contain characters which are
special to the shell parser.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas