Re: Meta key for 'emacs -nw'

On 02/01/2016 10:36 PM, Bob Bernstein wrote:
On Mon, 1 Feb 2016, Nate Bargmann wrote:

...I am using Emacs -nw to type this message calling it from Mutt and running in Xfce Terminal and Alt-X. etc, works just fine.

Interesting. Hrrrmmm...so perhaps I can set up Alt as Meta in the configuration of the terminal I use in X?

There should be a keyboard setup arrangement somewhere on your system--there is in at least some other distros. Then you pick

a key that you want to use as a Compose key, which I _believe_ is the same thing as a meta key.  (I don't have Windows keys on my

old IBM keyboards, so I always choose right-alt. If I had Windows keys, I would choose right-Win.)

--doug

--
Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined! --Samuel Goldwyn