Re: Headless Wheezy

Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun 31 Jan 2016 at 20:12:15 +0100, Sven Hartge wrote:
>> David <david.g_jones@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>>> I am running a headless version of Wheezy on an Alix Board, all
>>> seems to be working as expected.
>>
>>> I'm trying to install TeamViewer so I can gain remote access to my
>>> network.
>>
>>> I think TeamViewer is installed, but I can't find out how to
>>> configure it.
>>
>>> Can anybody offer any help please?
>>
>> Why do you need TeamViewer on a headless system?
>>
>> TeamViewer is for sharing your current X session, but there is no
>> active X session on a headless system.

> Not even Xvfb? Is it forbidden? Do I have to stop doing it?

Of course. The VT100 Protection Squad is on its way to apprehend you.
Please wait patiently at your keyboard until they arrive to take to your
reeducation on the pure ways of UNIX™.

Joke aside: under normal circumstances most headless systems won't have
any Xserver running on them.

If you use Xvfb or Xpra or Xvncserver I guess you have a special reason
to do so.

Maybe David has one, too. It'd be intereting to read about it. But until
then I guess this is a sort of XY-Problem we are seeing.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.