Re: (Repeat) Incessant Random Eth Disconnect/Reconnect

On Thursday 28 January 2016 19:00:28 David Baron wrote:
> On Thursday 28 January 2016 18:34:36 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > On Thursday 28 January 2016 18:08:50 David Baron wrote:
> > > Royal pain in the ...
> > > What do I do about this?
> > >
> > > Running on up-to-date 64-bit Sid box, running through netgear router.
> > >
> > > (Saw something about network manager/netcfg conflict but I do not have
> > > netcfg.)
> >
> > I have come across this when a Netgear router was on its last legs.  But
> > I also met it when my local telephone exchange was undergoing
> > maintenance.
> >
> > Lisi
>
> Netgear is brand new. Also occurred with the older one.

So it is probably not that then.

> I doubt the phone company (ADSL provider) is the problem and they most
> likely would not admit to it if they were :-)

Oh, BT didn't admit it - even to my ISP - but I live near the exchange.  I
knew that they were doing work on the lines, I knew when when they were doing
work on the lines, and noticed the extraordinarily accurate coincidence
between my problems and the presence of a BT van at the exchange.  (Monday
mornings only in both cases.)

Lisi