Re: (Repeat) Incessant Random Eth Disconnect/Reconnect

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 08:08:50PM +0200, David Baron wrote:
> Royal pain in the ...
> What do I do about this?
>
> Running on up-to-date 64-bit Sid box, running through netgear router.
>
> (Saw something about network manager/netcfg conflict but I do not have
> netcfg.)

1. Get more information.
- dmesg output?
- hardware info about the NIC?
- ethtool or mii-tool info?
- /proc/interrupts investigation

2. Change variables one at a time, noting any changed behavior
- can you swap the cable?
- can you test a different NIC, or a different computer
  entirely?
- can you connect the same NIC to something other than the
  netgear?

-dsr-

--
https://randomstring.org/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.