Re: Debian mirrors broke?

On 24 January 2016 at 23:04, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sunday 24 January 2016 16:31:32 Michael Fothergill wrote:
> netselect-apt
>
> On 24 January 2016 at 16:11, <peter@berghold.net> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Yesterday when doing some work with Dockery against Debian 8, when
> > running "apt-get update" it kept failing to load and was issuing 404
> > errors. Is there something going on with the mirrors that I need to know
> > about or should I just go ahead and try again today?
>
> ​I am not sure, but when I get a problem with the current mirror I am using
> I run netselect-apt .   It tells you which mirror is the fastest and when
> you choose it as far as I recall it automatically updates your apt source
> file with the new mirror.

Fascinating.  But when I ran it just now, just to watch it, it said that it
was writing the matching sources list to the fastest one, but doesn't seem to
have done so.  Not that I am complaining!  For the moment I am happy where I
am!

Lisi

​It worked for me.  I found a mirror that was much faster than the one I was using.

MF

--
Climostat Ltd

Rm 5169