Re: Problem with apt-get and sources.list

On Wed 20 Jan 2016 at 17:56:53 +0300, Adam Wilson wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 19:34:31 +0000 Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Fri 15 Jan 2016 at 09:54:30 +0300, Adam Wilson wrote:

> > > I am aware of this. I used to use httpredir.debian.org in my
> > > sources.list, but switched to http.debian.net because honestly it
> > > just looks better.
> >
> > Looks do not matter. Either works for now and, for most users, it
> > saves them agonising about which mirror to use.
>
> If looks don't matter, then why did you correct my recommendation of
> http.debian.net? It points to the same thing anyway, and is easier to
> type.

Users will come across httpredir.debian.org in the documentation so it
was an attempt to head off any confusion which might have arisen in this
thread over the use of two different URIs for the same resource. I think
the redirector developer has committed to both working.