Re: problems running backup

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 04:59:05PM -0500, ken wrote:
> On 01/20/2016 04:33 PM, Bob Holtzman wrote:
> >>2) Target partition was mounted BUT had quietly been auto-renamed by
> >1) Target was external HD and was mounted.
>
> The simple matter of permissions is often the problem.  This kind of problem
> has cropped up for me before over an upgrade (not yet with Debian though).
>
> Also, what exactly is the error message?  Can you increase its verbosity
> so's to examine that as well?

In case you deleted my original post, the error message is:

 rsync: mkdir "/media/cf0a98ed-3c11-4107-b61e-f5139d024396/Jessie-laptop"
 failed: No such file or directory (2)
 rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at main.c(674) [Receiver=3.1.1]

I already had verbosity turned on except I believe that refers to the list of files as they're
backed up. Not sure how to expand an error message, or even if that's possible.

Permissions are 700 for the executable file.

I'm snowed. Any other ideas?