Re: no wifi on jessie install

On 01/18/2016 07:42 PM, Bob Holtzman wrote:
> Finally got around to installing jessie (clean install) on a thinkpad
> 420 and all seemes to go well except there is no wireless, only ethernet.
>
> lsmod shows iwlwifi but I can't get the radio to turn on.
>
> Installed firmware-linux-nonfree with no results.
>
> Any help appreciated.

hi,

recently I have installed debian 8 on my (very) old laptop - thinkpad x41 (IBM yet! :)) - in fact i'm using it right now writing this email and being connected to wifi network.

of course the hw may be different, my card:

04:02.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG [Calexico2] Network Connection (rev 05)

What it means that you "can't get the radio to turn on"?

--
regards,
  lukasz