Unreadable xmessage (sid)

Hi list,

xmessage does not work properly any more on my sid system. The window
is displayed as expected, it has a working okay button, but the actual
message is not readable. It could be that the message is displayed in
the background color, making it invisible.

I have a custom .Xresources file. Removing it does not solve the issue.

I have made a capture of the window:
http://thierr26.free.fr/img/broken_xmessage.png

Does anyone experience the same issue or have any clue about what is
happening ?

I guess a very recent package upgrade caused the problem but I am
unable to tell which one. xmessage is provided by package x11-utils
which has not been upgraded recently.

I'm using xmonad as my only window manager and desktop environment. My
other applications are working properly.

Thierry