Wine application window disappearing after switching desktops

Testing here, Fluxbox, amd64.
When running a program in wine, after switching to another desktop and
switching back to the wine program, the program window has disappeared
somewhere in the background. The shortcut for cycling through programs
in the same desktop brings it back.

As far as I can find, it seems to be caused by a certain interaction
between wine and certain window managers, Fluxbox among them, and not
with all programs installed with wine.

It appears to be an old bug, which should have been fixed in wine 1.2.
But this is wine 1.8!
It is also mentioned here:
http://marc.info/?l=wine-devel&m=108758530429491&w=2
"Wine window disappears from virtual desktop!"
Not being an expert, I'm not sure how to apply this patch, and
moreover, this message, too, is very old (2004).

Anyone else having this, and is there a fix?