Projector, Debian, OS X, Windows, HDMI

Hi list,

First of all good news. I recently bought not expensive LCD projector.
So I hooked it up to my computer's HDMI output, plugged the other end
of HDMI cable to projector and voila, all of the context of my monitor
was mirrored on the wall. All programs, icons, etc.. I opened up movie
player and turned on cartoon and enjoyed it on the screen. This set up
running Debian 8.0.

Then I tried it to connect to Mac Book Air ( OS X) with the help of
mini display port to HDMI cable. For a while I got computer's wallpaper
on the wall ( but not the icons and other stuff which is on Mac's
display) and connection was lost ( projector displayed "no input" icon.
If this is not faulty mini display to HDMI cord, what might me a
problem?

The third time, Windows machine was connected to projector. By
HDMI-HDMI cable. Again, only wallpaper of computer was projected on the
wall. No browser and any other programs and icons which are present on
the screen of Windows machine.

Can anyone clue me in what happens? Does other OS's need to be
specifically adjust setting? What are the setting there might be?
Anyway, please share your thoughts. Thank you