Re: Loss of lan after memory upgrade

On Thursday 14 January 2016 12:59:08 jdd wrote:

> Le 14/01/2016 17:23, Gary L. Roach a écrit :
> > On reboot, my router connection light is lit until the bios is
> > finished and the OS starts to load. At this point the light goes
> > out.
>
> what kind of router? ethernet link to the computer - usb or plugged
> card in a slot?
>
> may be you moved the card when working on the memory. try reinserting
> all cards
>
> jdd

I suspect the real problem here, and its devoured my lunch several times,
is udevs rule that increments the device number everytime something new
is installed, includeing system sw from an "upgrade" eth0 should remain
eth0 if its the first interface found.

Check your dmesg after a fresh boot, it can be extremely enlightening.
grep for eth and see what falls out.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)