Re: OT - gap -Re: Using bind mount

On Thursday 14 January 2016 16:07:56 Steve Matzura wrote:
> Whoa folks, let's apply the brakes.
>
> The fact is, if you think about it, Lisi is quite correct, but for a
> reason she may not even realize. Visually impaired people, at least
> those of us whose visual impairment is to the point where we don't use
> print at all, don't hear in paragraphs, but anybody who deals with
> information input via the mechanism of sight, does.

I don't!!  I am forced to use vocabulary that people might understand.  My
husband needs *sound* broken up.

My only blind computer programmer friend can process sound at a speed at which
I cannot even make out words.  It isn't that I need paragraphs.  I need
breaks, spaces - in the middle of sentences will do.  If things are too close
together, I just can't see them.  They run into each other and jumble up.
Find Nemo is a non-starter!!

> I freely admit
> that sometimes I forget this, too, and write run-on paragraphs that
> should be broken into smaller segments, which I'm quite happy to do in
> order to accommodate those photo-dependent (ha ha) among us who need
> such things.

> In short, it's nothing to fight about or be
> over-sensitive about.

Of course not!  I wasn't moaning or criticising - I wanted to read what you
had written and asked whether you could accommodate me.  You asked what I
meant - and we ended up here.  For the record, this block of text, before I
broke it up to answer, was difficult for me.

But this whole conversation has made me realise something else I can do to my
email client for special cases.  So it has been useful to me.

> -End-

;-)

And please, no group "hugs" among strangers. ;-)

Lisi