Re: Is anybody Running Debian on Acer Aspire E5-571G

Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire 7520G which is running debian now for many years. At the
moment it is running debian/testing. It has a AMD CPU, a NVidia GF8600, 4GB
RAM, and the wireless card is an Atheros AR5009.

Everything is contributed, also hibernating and of course the wireless card.
This configuration was exactly, what I was looking for, as I like AMD CPU's,
prefer NVidia before ATI and Atheros cards (because of their nice features).

The only thing, I never get managed was the bass speaker (The Aspire 7520G has
two speakers for the heights and one speaker for bass = 2.1).

I never had any software problems else, even when I encrypted all my (Linux)-
partitions.

The 7520G got two harddrives built in. First one is a SSD, running debian
(main OS) and Win7 64-bit, the other one is for backup and running Win-XP and
KALI-Linux.

None of them (also KALI-Linux) got no problems at all.

However: The hardware seems a little bit underdimensioned, as I have now the
second mainboard and the second graphics card.

Does this help?

Best

Hans