Re: gettext is one minor rev too old

On 11/01/16 09:25 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 11 January 2016 13:30:41 Brian wrote:

On Mon 11 Jan 2016 at 13:16:07 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 11 January 2016 05:19:52 Santiago Vila wrote:
On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 08:39:17PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
running 99% wheezy, trying to build gEDA because whats in the
repos is very old.

geda-gaf is refusing to autoconfig, gettext is 0.18.1-1.9, and I
need 0.18.2 or better.

Is there a deb repo I can raid just for that?
wheezy-backports
I have that in /etc/apt/sources.list as

deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy-backports main contrib
non-free

Do I need to add another option word above to see 0.18.2?
C'mon. At the very least you have

   https://packages.debian.org

for what archives have and the wiki for telling you how to use
backports. Help others to help you by helping yourself.
Snotty attitudes don't cut it, and neither does that site.  The search
engine is apparently set to scan for jessie(stable) only, or at least it
returns zero results for wheezy. And once you have used the search, you
cannot back out as the back button never takes you back to THAT site.
I quit iceweasel 3 times just so it could send it back to THAT site to
see if I could figure out how to use it to do a useful search.

Actually the packages page for debian does give you the option of searching for "oldstable" all the way up to "experimental", including an option for "any". The search function is actually quite good.