Re: gnome gdm freeze on first boot

On Mon, 2016-01-11 at 11:17 +0100, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> On Sun, 2016-01-10 at 10:47 -0500, Sureyya Sahin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently installed Debian Stretch, Gnome, on a laptop. I am
> > having
> > this problem that the gdm login screen is freezing on first
> > boot. I
> > can't move the mouse and only touchscreen works. If I reboot
> > everything works fine.
> >
> > I guess this may be a bug related to Gnome. Is there any
> > workaround
> > for this problem?
>
> Hi,
>
> Are you sure it's frozen, if the touchscreen works can you login?

Hi,

When I power on and the gdm shows, I can't use the mouse and the
keyboard. The cursor stays in the middle of the screen no matter how
I move the mouse or press enter key to reach the password box. The
laptop has a touchscreen and it seems to be working. However, if I
login with touchscreen keyboard so that I can reach to the desktop,
the desktop inherits this same behaviour that I can't use the mouse
or the physical keyboard. But touchscreen is working in the gnome
desktop.

Instead of logging in, if I try to reach the shutdown menu from gdm,
I am able to reboot with touchscreen. After reboot, everything seems
to be working normal. I can use the mouse/touchpad and the keyboard
in both gdm and the gnome desktop. The touchscreen seems to be
working normally too.

I have been using the laptop with this issue for a month or so. I
tried another linux distribution, Fedora 23, yet I have the same
issue.

The laptop is a HP Pavilion with touchscreen, the video card is
Intel Bay Trail.

Best Regards