Installing opengl 4.5

Hi,

I am running debian stretch and I have nvidia driver version 340.96
which supports opengl version 4.4 on the graphic card nvidia gtx 750
ti.

Out of curiosity I want to upgrade to opengl 4.5 --- which I think I
should do by installing the proprietary driver on the nvidia website.

1. By doing this, I think I risk the stability of my system. But I dont
know how. Please enlighten.

2. If I somehow, gather enough know-how to convince myself that I can
take a calculated risk, is there a way to tell the debian packages, that
I have fulfilled the requirements, and upgraded---thus, gracefully
remove the specific packages, without breaking dependency.

Thanks,
(B.V. Raghav)