Re: fstab syntax question

On 06/01/16 12:25 PM, Steve Matzura wrote:
I have two things that need to go into /etc/fstab. One's a network
share with a username and password. The other is a Windows share which
is public, no username and password for that one. Both shares will
bmnounted on the Debian system read-only. I know how to do this with
mount and the -t switch, and the options for the -o switch to make
them read-only and provide a username and password. What I don't know
is what is supposed to go into fstab. I've tried a few different
syntaxes, but so far none have worked. The networked drive is called
//DISKSTATION1/BigVol1. The Windows share is //box1/e (drive "E:" on
the system calling itself `box1'.

Thanks in advance.

the lines are almost identical to the mount command.

for options you probably need ro,username=<whatever>,password=<whatever> for the one that needs the username and password. For the other, ro is probably sufficient.