Re: How to restore grub in UEFI mode

realbas89@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi, I recently upgrade my debian (UEFI) and grub is gone.. I try to
>recovery grub but failed or I`m doing something wrong.
>This steps I following are:
>-create usb with live cd
>-change boot option to legacy mode and disable secure boot consequently
>-boot from live cd (Here, when I boot from CD and check if i`m using EFI or
>legacy, always say legacy, maybe be here the problem)
>-mount my partition / in /mnt
>-install grub in /mnt

As you semi-identify, booting in legacy mode from a live cd is the
reason you're not getting anywhere. If you're wanting to re-install
grub-efi then you *must* be in UEFI mode to be able to do that. Our
live CDs unfortunately don't have UEFI support (long story), so your
best bet is to boot an installer CD/DVD/USB in rescue mode. Make sure
it's booted via UEFI - the boot splash screen should say so. From
rescue mode, you can re-install grub and that should fix your problem.

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html