Re: Display resolution.

> But, that was working automatically.
>
> I am learning (low to medium, nearer to low, linux/debian user), and
> willing to learn.
> I want to get this working again.
> ¿What else do you recommend to check?
> ¿Any page you can offer to read more?
> ¿Or this is something to be fixed in a later update of Debian Stretch?
> (Anyway I would like to find a little more by myself, even if I could not
> fix it).

It looks like you would need a custom xorg.conf. In some cases automagic
does not work. Look into the man page xorg.conf

Xorg       -configure
    When this option is specified, the Xorg server loads all video driver
modules, probes for available hardware, and writes  out  an  initial
    xorg.conf(5)  file  based on what was detected.  This option currently
has some problems on some platforms, but in most cases it is a good
    way to bootstrap the configuration process.  This option is only
available when the server is run as root (i.e, with real-uid 0).

you can customize for your video card

Another option would be incompatibility of some sort and as Sven mentioned
Xorg.0.log is a must to provide any useful support.

regards