Re: Looking for Linux-friendly PCI Express 2.0 x1 host bus adapter internal SATA 6 Gbps

On Mon, 4 Jan 2016 22:17:27 -0800
David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:

> On 01/04/2016 09:36 PM, Brandon Vincent wrote:
> > If you want a high end card, go with LSI. If you're looking for
> > something at a consumer price point, any card from StarTech is a
> > good starting point. Most of these cards use AHCI compatible Marvell
> > chipsets and have driver support built into the kernel.
> >
> > If you have a particular question about a model, providing the model
> > number never hurts.
>
> My goal is to use a current SATA 3.0 (6 Gbps) SSD as the system drive
> in older computers that have SATA 2.0 (3 Gbps) ports and PCIe 2.0 x1
> expansion slot(s).
>

> How about the StarTech PEXSAT32?
>

> http://www.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/HDD-Controllers/SATA-Cards/2-Port-PCI-Express-SATA-6-Gbps-Controller-Card~PEXSAT32

I actually have that card in a Jessie machine, and it has worked for
about a year without problems. Currently I'm considering getting
another one, so if anyone knows whether two or more of them in the same
machine would be a problem, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"