Re: Prevent shutdown with systemctl

Am 04.01.2016 um 16:55 schrieb Floris:
> Dear list,
>
> Often there are multiple users working on my multiseat [1] system, some
> of them are kids and they are not paying attention if someone else is
> logged in. They can shutdown the computer even if someone else is logged
> in and have an active session.

What command exactly do they use?

> Is it possible that only root can shutdown/ reboot the computer if
> multiple users are logged in and when there is only one user that user
> is able to shutdown the computer?

That works here with the default configuration:

$ systemctl poweroff
User root is logged in on /dev/tty1.
Please retry operation after closing inhibitors and logging out other users.
Alternatively, ignore inhibitors and users with 'systemctl poweroff -i'.

universe are pointed away from Earth?