Re: 3G / UMTS traffic limit/ bandwidth monitor

On Mon, Jan 04, 2016 at 12:33:47PM +0100, basti wrote:
Hello,

I have a 3G / UMTS Stick and I want to use my Linuxbox (Raspbbery) as a
router to share that UMTS connection to multiple devices.

That works so far.

Now I want to Monitor the traffic.

For example

device 1 = 2GB traffic limit
device 2 = 1GB traffic limit
device 3 = 500 MB traffic limit

How can I monitor the traffic on my raspi and disable the internet
connection for a device that reach there limit?

I found vnstat but it seems that is is monitor only...

I suspect you'll need to look at a firewall solution (such as shorewall). IPTables (the kernel's networking interface) has a "--quota" option which would suit, so you COULD look at simply adding a rule base on that (with a cron job to reset the quota each month).

Best Regards,
Basti

--
For more information, please reread.