Re: Need a calculator that knows about coulombs

erk.

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 5:12 PM, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 9:15 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
>> On Monday 28 December 2015 01:59:44 Gener Badenas wrote:
>>
>> Back on the list where this belongs.

>>> There might be some projects in github that does this.
>>
>> Qucs seems to be the default plaything for such these days.  However I am
>> having a heck of a time making it work to actually do the simulation of
>> the charge-pump detection circuit I have drawn, basically 2 caps, 2
>> diodes and a loading R on the output.
>>
>> I have joined the qucs-help mailing list, but it appears I may be the
>> only subscriber.  No other activity in about 18 hours anyway.
>>
>> I've looked at git-hub a few times but it doesn't take long to get lost
>> in that corn maze.

> So, Gene, did you try stackexchange, like Anders suggested some time back?
>
> On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 9:36 AM, Anders Andersson <pipatron@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://electronics.stackexchange.com/
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>

> Stackexchange does seem to be the default mail list for a lot of
> off-list support these days.
>
> Also, would something like this help?
>
>     joel@joelsbox:~$ bc -l
>     bc 1.06.95
>     Copyright 1991-1994, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2004, 2006 Free Software
> Foundation, Inc.
>     This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
>     For details type `warranty'.
>
>     # code follows
>     define vc(vs,t,r,c) {
>     return vs * (1-e(-t/(r*c)))
>     }
>
>     # use follows
>     for ( i=0.0; i<5.0; i += 0.1 ) { print i, ":", vc(120,i,83,.01 ), "\n" }
>     0:0
>     .1:13.62082702075229745240
>     .2:25.69559630209412900880
>     .3:36.39979605263053873920
>     .4:45.88899535985331237480

You said 51 ohm resistor, and t would make more sense than i, so make that

    for ( t=0.0; t<5.0; t += 0.1 ) { print t, ": ", vc(120,t,51,.01 ), "\n" }

And you could calculate the power and current in the loop and print
that, as well.

> The -l option brings in the library, I don't remember if you needed
> that for the power of e function, e(), but it doesn't hurt.
>
> I refreshed my memory on the R time constant, and the associated
> calculus (which you can mostly ignore) here:

heh.

"RC time constant"

mea culpa

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you look at conspiracy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself, as well:
http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/2011/10/conspiracy-theories.html