Re: no response from listmaster

Steve Kleene writes:
> What I like about my existing setup is that all of my mail gets
> deposited locally on my machine.  I can read most (but no longer all)
> of the text with a simple "mail" from the command line.  This is the
> easiest way to read and archive my mails in the style I've developed
> and prefer.  If I could have gmail forwarded to an account on my local
> machine, that would work well.

I do exactly that using Newsguy <http://newsguy.com>.  It's worked
perfectly for me for more than a decade.  Yes, it costs money (not
much).  That's an *advantage*.  It means that you are a customer with a
contract.  With Newsguy you can email customer service and get a
response from a human being within hours.  Try that with Gmail.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com