Re: sudo does not respond to settings in /etc/sudoers

On 11/15/2015 11:18 AM, Joe wrote:
On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 10:44:10 -0500
Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:

On 11/14/2015 03:01 PM, Joe wrote:
Your example will
still ask for a password, and anyway it's either/or: you can either
add yourself to the sudo group or add your name to sudoers, you
don't need both.

I had to, before it would work. YMMV, Ric

You must have an unusually paranoid computer. I have a sid workstation
and wheezy server running at the moment, neither of which has any
members of the sudo group, which I think is a relatively recent
innovation in Debian.

It might be one of those situations where 'I did A and it didn't work,
I did B and it didn't work, I did C and it finally did work, and I was
so relieved that I could get on with the job that was being held up that
I didn't take the time to go back and undo A and B'. We've all been
there, and have bits of mostly harmless cruft here and there to prove
it...

I just installed fresh, after a stinkin' seagate drive failed miserably, and had to do both steps before sudo would work. It's become automatic to do A and B to get C. But then again, I've never reversed the process to see if A or B could be omitted. Maybe I'm scared. <cackles> Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html