Re: default English (US) QWERTY layout

On Sun, November 15, 2015 12:20 am, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
> I'm in (debootstrapped) Sid Unstable on AMD64, but I played along
> anyway. Mine's default is:
>
> Model: Generic 105-key (Intl) PC
> Layout: English (US)
>
> That's on an ASUS 1015px'y Eee PC.. :)

Thanks.  The only "English (US, ...)" selections which the keyboard
settings menu offers are:

   English (US, alternative international)
   English (US, international with dead keys)
   English (US, with euro on 5)

I expected to see something a bit more familiar, but I suppose that the
safest choice is the last.  The next time I install Debian, I shall try to
remember to make a note of the default QWERTY layout before I delete it.

Russ