Re: Can't start VM after latest kernel update: weird mount failure

I can get around the mount problem by explicitly specifying the filesystem type (e.g., mount -t ext2 /dev/vda1 somedir)--is that some limitation of busybox mount?

I still don't know why the system is having trouble starting up.

The recent kernel update included a fix for a KVM vunerability(https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2015-5307).  Perhaps that has something to do with it.

Is there a way I can proceed by hand after I mount the proper file systems?

Ross

P.S.  I also tried adding noresume to the options on grub's linux line; it didn't help.