Re: How do packages that modify iptables rules prevent race conditions?

> as I just learned on the mailing list, that at least the packages
> fail2ban and miniupnpd [and most likely arno-iptables-firewall also]
> modify iptables rules...

> Is there a chance for race conditions? I.e. two packages trying to add
> iptables rules at the same time and thereby failing to do so?

fail2ban und miniupnpd create their own chains and a rule to jump to
that personal chain on startup. Subsequent rules are only ever added to
that personal chain. This effectivly avoids any race with different
rules inserted at different places of the ruleset.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.