Trimming posts (was ... Re: SSHD AllowUsers not limiting users anymore)

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 07:25:49PM +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
> 2015/11/12 7:20 "Paulo Roberto" <betobrandao@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Dear list,
> >
> > I need some help.
> >

> > After upgrading the openssh-server package to the version:
> >
> > ii  openssh-server                    1:6.9p1-2+b1
> amd64                 secure shell (SSH) server, for secure access from
> remote machines
> >
> > The option AllowUsers of /etc/ssh/sshd_config stopped working.
> > Any user can log through ssh even not present in this option.
>
> AllowUsers assumes you have set the default to deny, I think. If that got
> changed when you merged settings, it would result in what you are seeing.
>
> If you need more information, I tend to use the archives at marc.info for
> the openssh and openbsd lists. Check the archives before you post to the
> lists.

[230+ lines snipped!!]

Hey, come on people, please trim your posts! What surprises me is
someone complaining about a posted log file, but seems fine with
untrimmed replies.

Using gmail is not an excuse, I've seen sensible replies from gmail
users.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X