Re: Debian 8.1 ext4 directory sizes

Thomas wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Dan Ritter wrote:
>> 1. Enable the following features on your ext4 fs:
>> - dir_index
>> - extent
>
>That would have to happen at mkfs time ?
>

>> these are probably both on by default.
>
>My /etc/mke2fs.conf begins by
>
>  [defaults]
>        base_features = sparse_super,filetype,resize_inode,dir_index,ext_attr
>
>and later has
>
>        ext4 = {
>                features = has_journal,extent,huge_file,flex_bg,uninit_bg,dir_nlink,extra_isize
>
>How can i inquire whether these features are in effect ?
>The memory of my hardware provider, who created the filesystems,
>will probably not be of any help after 5 months.

tack:~$ sudo tune2fs -l /dev/dm-1 | grep features
Filesystem features:      has_journal ext_attr resize_inode dir_index filetype needs_recovery extent flex_bg sparse_super large_file huge_file uninit_bg dir_nlink extra_isize

tune2fs has lots of extra information available...

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html