Re: Install MSWindz 7 as Virtual Machine on Debian 8

I run some MS Server 2008 (R2) and some Win7 Hosts in KVM/Qemu since
years staring with Debian 6. 8 Weeks ago I upgrade the Host (Hypervisor)
to Debian 8 without any Problems.

A quick and dirty explanation I found here
http://serverfault.com/questions/631317/windows-7-as-kvm-guest-installation-with-virtio-drivers-detected-virtio-scsi-d

An other one in German
http://www.accso.de/wp/2012/07/windows-7-auf-kvm-mit-debian-6/

If you will use virtio drivers in windows you need virtio-driver
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Windows_Virtio_Drivers

Regards,
Basti