Re: An UML editor for Linux

On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 10:05:55AM -0300, Maximiliano Sebastián Castro wrote:
> Sorry to all those i hurt the heart recommending a short term solution for
> the original poster.

No problems. I'm used to get my heart hurt on the Internet twice a day ;-)

> I think the pragmatism is very good but for some situations is enemy
> of practicality (or how to hell *practicidad* be in english).

But I *am* pragmatic (I explicitly said that for me it's OK to recommend
a piece of non-free software -- please read my answer again!)

> Yes, I've tested (because I've worked in software architecture last ~10
> years and it's my core knowledge and the works I do every day): I started
> with Umbrello and Dia years, then I've tested online and new resourses
> like, and during there years I discovered that EA,  FOR ME, (***FOR ME,
> like all people that writes an email writes in their opinion not as the
> supreme true in the universe***) is the soft that acomplished my needs, but
> it does not mean I not support free tools, reporting bugs, collaborate and
> spread in college classes. And not mean that I integrate the the other free
> apps.

Ah, now we're talking :-)

This is what I was missing in your original post. Just "is the best" was
too little for me. Now if you could name just one feature that you miss
most in the free alternatives, that would be awesome.

I understood that this is all from your perspective. What else can you
offer? That's the same for us all, nothing bad about it.

> I did not know you could get to be a reactive, sarcastic, and tasteless
> response. For it was with good intentions, but it seems slow prefer
> collaboration instead of a rich debate on what can be better. The best is
> relative to each person, and although we are in the context of this list, I
> think you as an advocate of the open, you should be more open.

Sarcasm was intended. But if it came across as tasteless, I'm genuinely
sorry about that.

> In any case if the response is not helpful to the person who posted, he
> will tell.
>
> Maybe he tell us the first response helps him and ignore others responses,
> and problem resolved or maybe he try EA and resolve his problem and then
> look for similar soft.

For sure. And I did write that I acknowledge your good intentions: I sure
meant it.

> I understand what you say, as you should also try to understand what I said.
>
> Thank you and I hope you understand the intent of the message.

I hope that is clear now. I *do* understand, but I was missing some
*constructive* criticism (because I do care deeply about Free).

Regards
- -- tomás