dspam silently (perhaps) crashing

I run a small raspberry pi as my home mail server.

Over the last couple of days, my wife has reported to me that she hasn't seen any mail for a while.

After a bit of investigation I found that if I did

service dspam status

It would show its status as active(exited).

In order to start it again I have to do

service dspam restart

(a service dspam start won't do it).

This happened to me yesterday evening

Again today, I stopped receiving e-mail and sure enough dspam had failed again.

I started again, and within a few minutes it had stopped.

I tried
journalctl _SYSTEM_UNIT=dspam.service

but there didn't appear to be any entries in there.

How can I find out why dpam is falling over

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk