Re: convert between ethernet and usb

On Saturday 07 November 2015 09:44:34 Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Saturday 07 November 2015 13:59:47 Renaud  OLGIATI wrote:
> > On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 11:21:18 +0000
> >
> > Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > !!!  In which country do ordinary hardware stores stock _slightly_
> > > arcane IT products??  Or, come to that, any IT products to speak
> > > of?
> >
> > Living in Darkest Paraguay, I have had no problem getting Trendnet
> > USBToRJ45 adapters sent from Amazon.
>
> I don't regard Amazon as an ordinary hardware store.  You have
> over-snipped the quotation.  I could easily buy one reasonably locally
> - but not in a hardware store, ordinary or otherwise.  The OP said: "
> You could find it on an ordinary hardware store. It's really cheap."
> Cheap is relative too.
>
> Lisi

Lisi, you are in jolly Olde England, where the populous expects to have
to go to a specialty supplier for such.

But lets put this in the Paraguay context from long distance crystal ball
gazing.

As an old Iowa farm kid, if the Monkey-Ward or Snears & Row-it-back
catalog didn't have it, and you had already checked the local hardware
store, you did without, but I'd suspect his local hardware store in
Paraguay would be at least as well stocked as our small town (pop 270)
hardware store was in the 1950's era. I don't recall ever going in it
and coming out without a workable solution for whatever this guy, who
was a "geek" before the word was invented, was making at the moment.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)