ngspice

I have used the ngspice package for quite some time.  Version 20 of this
package is found in the Squeeze repositories, and this is the version
that I have been using until just last week.  Since the Squeeze release,
it appears that this package has been dropped in Wheezy and Jessie
releases.  Since then, ngspice has progressed to version 26, which I
have acquired in source form, successfully compiled, and installed under
my current debian system (Jessie 8.2.0).

Does anyone know why this package was dropped from the Debian
distribution???  What would it take to get this package brought back to
Debian??

--
Que te vaya bien
JM