Re: Installing mSATA Solid State Drive in Dell Precision M3800

ken wrote:
I'm considering getting a Dell Precision M3800 Mobile
Workstation, would want to install my own mSATA SSD in it.  Does
anyone here have one of these machines?  If so, is an SSD a
user-installable component?  And if so again, how much needs to
be taken apart?

Thanks much.

Have you contacted Dell? I may be years out-of-date [i.e. retired ;] but at one time Dell was the 'gold standard' for customer support.

Suggested subject line would be "Is an SSD a user-installable component?"
That would invite them to give as much/little detail as they desired.