Putting apt-listchanges and dpkg output in mail sent by unattended-upgrades

Hello,

I'm trying to configure unattended-upgrades to include apt-listchanges output in the mail it sends me. I had a look at the Python script /usr/bin/unattended-upgrade and it seems it forces apt-listchanges to send a separate email. Is there a way around this?
One way I though of was to make apt-listchanges use the plain frontend and include the whole dpkg log in the mail. However, I haven't found a setting for that. Is there a way to set this? I think the problem might be that the dpkg output is never returned in the script for some reason [1].
Failing that, what would be the best (in terms of Debian maintenance) way to make a modification to the script? I figured I could make my own deb package with a changed script, but what would be the most Debian-way-like way to do that?

Kind regards,
Ondřej Grover

[1] https://github.com/mvo5/unattended-upgrades/blob/debian/sid/unattended-upgrade#L833