Re: laptop-suspend

On 9/4/15, Rick McDaniel <rmclynn2000@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>   I have searched and searched and i can not figure out how to fix
> suspend/hibernate on my compaq 6715b notebook. It goes to sleep and when you
> wake it up you can see it's waking but the screen stays black. I love Debian
> 8 and want to use it but i cant with this problem. Can you help me?

It will help others help you if you describe exactly what you do that
isn't working. For example  with my Thinkpad (that IS working), I have
to push the hardware-based sleep button to start the waking process.
After that, most if not all times I have to then push something like
my up arrow key for it to bring up the log in window. No idea how I
ever figured out that works. Mostly likely just started pushing keys
out of frustration at some point early on...

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs... out of patience sometimes, too.  #trueStory. *