Re: Fetchmail may almost be working in pop3.

Paul E Condon writes:
> I use msmtp, not exim, even though exim comes already installed by
> Debian.  Msmtp has its own tiny config file which can be located at
> ~/.msmtprc You can put there whatever you need to satisfy you ISP and
> have no fear of exim mucking about with it. Of course, don't remove
> exim once you see msmtp working. That would break you Debian
> installation. Msmtp is a package in the main branch of all Debian
> repositories.

Thank you. That is great to know. I happen to use nmh to read
and send messages. The newest versions of nmh which is a very
old application but extremely safe from a security standpoint
allow one to modify the From: line in the message. I am
upgrading the system I use for email to jessie so I can upgrade
nmh. If that still fails to satisfy the authentication
requirements, it is good to know of msmtp. I'm always looking
for a bigger hammer, so to speak.

Martin McCormick