Re: Frequent Network Disconnect/Reconnect

briand@aracnet.com writes:
> have your tried swapping out ethernet cables ?

	Also, have you tried another computer on the same switch
port to see if it has trouble?

	Have there been any changes made to your network
infrastructure especially to switches your system is connected
to?

	Does the Link light blink if you can see it?

	I recently retired from working in our network
operations group at a university, here, and we had a case where
an outside organization which uses our resources installed a
bunch of their switches on our network with our permission but
something was wrong with the switches and they produced
literally thousands of port flaps per day.

	We made sure our network connection to them was solid
but the last time I heard any more about the situation, they
were still plagued with flapping ports.

	If you can, try your same system and cable on another
port to see if there are any improvements.