Re: install Arial fonts lost in latex

Mudongliang:

Sorry for the half-cocked answer. Your problem is obviously not with Debian
but a network problem. Downloads from downloads.sourceforge.net are working
fine here at this side of the globe.
I can download software from sourceforge! I just download TortoiseSVN in a few seconds!
Can you reinstall it and have a look at the temp output?
If you install this package , and download all the temp file quickly, I don't know why!
Are you using a proxy? Can you download anything else from sourceforge? Do you
experience this download problem only with that very site?
The downloads from your Debian mirror seem to work but is the integrity of
ttf-mscorefonts-installer OK?
I use the network provided by my university, I don't know whether they are using a proxy!
I once downloaded retext and so on from this coding host!
I even doubt it is forbidden!

Now I don't know how far I will be able to help with your network problem.
More information is needed, provided you care to investigate deeper.
Thank you for help! It's just an experiment! It is just temporarily needed for compiling tex file!
I don't need those fonts in my daily life!
    - mudongliang
Wish you the best
Eike