Re: clock losing time after a reboot with HP ZBook G2

Am 03.07.2015 um 15:18 schrieb Arno Schuring:

>> Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 15:07:34 +0200
>> From: vincent@vinc17.net
>>
>> When I run "hwclock --systohc" manually before the reboot, the clock
>> is OK after reboot. So, this seems to be a systemd bug. I've reported:
>>
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=790974
>
> Michael, since I've seen you reply on this list as well, could you
> please provide a little more rationale than "we intentionally broke
> your system" when closing a bug?

I didn't say we intentionally broke your system, I said we intentionally
removed the hwclock-save units. That's a difference.

See https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=755722 if you want
some background.

In short, your ntp client should ensure that the clock is synced to RTC
(google for "ntp 11 min mode sync" if you want to know more). For that
we enable timesyncd by default in systemd.
If you choose to disable timesyncd and/or use another NTP client, then
this is not a bug in systemd.

Thanks.

universe are pointed away from Earth?