Re: httpd virtual package

Hello,

On Wed, 3 Jun 2015 22:18:21 -0600
Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

> Anatoly A. Kazantsev wrote:
> > P.S: I'm not on the list, please keep me CCed
>
> > I have installed lighttpd (same for nginx) on stable/testing,
> > but it doesn't provide httpd virtual package.
>
> But it did.  It showed as "Provides: httpd" in your data.  That is how
> it provides that virtual name.
>
> > Provides: httpd, httpd-cgi
>
> There it is. :-)

Ok, thank you for explanation :-)

> What are you missing that you are expecting to see?  I have not used
> Lighttpd but I do use Nginx and like it and could answer questions
> concerning the use fo it.
>
> Bob

I'm trying to install owncloud with lighttpd on stable release

$ aptitude show owncloud
Package: owncloud
New: yes
State: not installed
Version: 7.0.4+dfsg-4~deb8u1
Depends: apache2 | httpd, fonts-font-awesome, fonts-liberation,

It says the package is depends on apache2 or httpd. So as I think it should
allow me to install it without installing apache2 package if some installed
package provides httpd (such as lighttpd or nginx).

But

$ sudo aptitude install owncloud
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Reading extended state information...
Initializing package states...
Reading task descriptions...
Building tag database...
  apache2{a} apache2-bin{a} apache2-data{a} apache2-utils{a}
  fonts-font-awesome{a} fonts-liberation{a} fonts-linuxlibertine{a}

it wants to install apache web-server

I checked it on current testing with installed lighttpd - it works as expected,
no apache2 packages

On current debian testing:

$ aptitude show owncloud
Package: owncloud