Re: Latest version of gettext not run

On Sat, Jun 06, 2015 at 04:34:07PM +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> On 2015-06-06, Tomas Nordin <tomasn@kth.se> wrote:

> >> What does
> >> $ which gettext
> >> say?
> >>
> >> If it doesn't say /usr/bin/gettext, then you have an extra copy of
> >> gettext somewhere in your PATH that is not /usr/bin.
> >
> > It says /usr/bin/gettext, and the other gettext's I find is
> > /usr/lib/gettext and /usr/share/gettext but those are directories. I
> > wonder where that newly installed executable went.
> >
> > Should I run some clever apt commands?
> >

> You say that you forced an installation of gettext. You can run 'dpkg
> --audit' to perform a sanity check on the package database.

Done, it outputs nada.

> The package version suggests that it is from wheezy-backports. Do you
> have that repository in your APT sources? If not, you should consider
> adding it, and re-installing gettext the recommended way[1].

Yes, I have:

deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy-backports main

Nevertheless, I ran an update and then

$ sudo apt-get -t wheezy-backports install gettext
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
gettext is already the newest version.
The following package was automatically installed and is no longer
required:
  libgettextpo0
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove it.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 174 not upgraded.

So no progress so far.