Re: A little of topic: security and anonymity question

 Hi.

On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 19:29:43 +0200
Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se> wrote:

> On Thu, 2015-06-04 at 13:21 -0400, German wrote:
> > I had some discussion on some message board. After a while I got banned
> > for no obvious reason. So I have decided to create another account with
> > a free proxy, cleaned my cookies and continue to do some conversations
> > with a members with which I have enjoyed talking. I successfully
> > created account with web proxy, could logging in, but can't post on the
> > message board. The message I got was that I am not permitted to post.
> > So, I believe that the server can identify me somehow. Any ideas what
> > can be done in this situation so I can post? Thank so much for all of
> > your insights.
>
> It's not impossible that they detected the proxy and won't allow
> postings from it.

Or it's possible that the proxy in question sends that funny
X-Forwarded-For HTTP header which contains the original IP *and* the
message board checks it too.

Or the proxy intercepted forum's login credentials so they can be used
to spam the message board in question. The possibilities are endless.

The fine point of the story - don't trust the proxy *you* do not
control. Even if they don't charge you for using it. Especially if they
don't charge you.

Reco